Sunday, December 27, 2009

Antiquing in Franklin, NY.

Franklin is a small town about 10 minutes away from where our house is, founded in 1792. It is a gorgeous, tiny little town with an incredibly picturesque main street.





And, of course, the antique stores. Home to three of the best stores I have yet to visit- my Mother and I thoroughly enjoyed ooh-inh and ahh-ing over all the wonderful, special things. First up was Donna Briggs' "The Squire's Tankard"- home to an enormous collection of vintage and antique clothing, buttons, linens, compacts, etc etc. Next door is Franklin Durable Goods and Blue Farm Antiques in the same space. Blue Farm had a lovely collection of Victorian tintypes, all with clever descriptions marked on the price tag. Franklin Durable Goods had an incredible collection of Masonic objects, all purchased at the estate sale of a Masonic Lodge some years ago. Oh, the aesthetic of these buildings and all the wonderful items inside made me swoon. Totally inspiring.







I purchased one of the tin gas station number signs you can see in the background of this photo- lucky #7. I'm going to make a post with all the goodies I've found while up here before I head back into the city.



The 2nd floor of the building, housing both Franklin Durable Goods and Blue Farm. This space is incredible. I couldn't believe it.










These signatures came with the space. Really cool.

Franklin Durable Goods/Blue Farm Antiques
438 Main Street, Franklin, NY 13775
fdgantiques.com/littlebluefarm.com
607.829.5013

The Squire's Tankard
438 Main Street, Franklin, NY 13775
607.829.6885


No comments:

Post a Comment