Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ebay Finds.


1. Clasped Hand Belt Buckle: $80.00

For a very long time, I have been searching for a particular Victorian-era belt buckle comprised of two hands clasping together. I passed one up in a vintage store because of the $150 price tag. I passed one up on Ebay because it was a silver tone, not a brass tone. I regretted my actions almost immediately both times, so this round, when I found one on Ebay, I swore to myself I would not lose my coveted item again. Thus, my precious buckle has been won. I can't wait for it to come in the mail so I can begin searching for the perfect belt to accompany it.


2. Who Killed Cock Robin & Other Stories, circa 1910 $.99

Who Killed Cock Robin is one of my favorite children's rhymes of all time. I remember singing it as a child in school- why they would choose a song in the minor key about a robin being shot by an arrow and the funeral that follows is beyond me, but it is a wonderful, if not slightly morbid story. I will be sure to make a post with the illustrations inside once I receive it.


No comments:

Post a Comment